Here’s how I make my 3″ X 3″ envelopes! Note: 4″ square envelope dimensions added at the bottom of this post.
Card stock sheet measures 7″ by 4.25″
1. Score at 1″ and at 4.25 across.
2. Score at 1/2 inch in on both long sides.
3. Cut away the bottom side pieces up to the score line. These strips are 3 3/4″ long.
4. Cut away the top side strips up to the score line. These are 1″.
5. Fold and unfold at all score lines to make sure they will fold easily in the final steps.
Round ALL the corners. You will have to remove the guard on the punch to be able to round the corners on the inner corners.
6. Adhere the 3″ x 3″ square decorative paper to inner envelope. I line it up a close to the top score.
7. Using a strong adhesive tape no wider than 1/4 “, add strips to the bottom sides.
Fold side edges inward and bringing up the bottom, adhere to these folded edges.
You can also add a strip of adhesive tape across the top edge of the envelope to secure closed if you wish. I normally do this, but didn’t get a pic!
Now wasn’t that easy?
Note that these envelopes are too small to be posted on their own. Canada post will not process them, anyway. I hand deliver my 3″ X 3″ notecards. But if you really want to mail these slip them into a standard size envy first.
The dimensions for a 4″ sq card envelope would be 5.25″ X 9″. Just score the card stock at 1″ and at 5.25″ across and keep the long sides scored at 1/2″. All other directions will stay the same.
Have a creative day!